I've seen some people who work towards their one particular dream/goal in life with a lot of energy like designing a car, becoming an electronic engineer or computer scientist or chemist, building a particular thing and so on. There are some other people who want to have a bit of money, an easy going job and to have a fun. That's not bad either. I've also seen people who want to help other people and work towards making the world a better place to live.
Now, what had bothered me was that I did not fall into any of these categories. I didn't want to do anything big like them. My dreams were quite small. Understand how everything works, in the way of physics,chemistry,biology,maths and so on, explore a lot, learn about societies, their workings and history and structure, try to create more unified fields, travel and read a lot, have a lot of fun, help people and that kind of thing and do whatever else that captures my mind then. Somehow I have a feeling that having one set goal is a restriction. I would rather be more flexible.
For the longest time, I felt a bit inferior and that I would not excel like other people because I did not have an aim or a purpose to work towards. Now I realize that I need not feel that way because whatever I'm doing is an equally valid way of doing it and it's my life after all; so I should live it the way I see fit.

Comments
Post a Comment