Motorcycles were one of the things that fascinated me a lot during my childhood. I used to ride one with dad or someone else for many years (7-8 probably) each day to my school and back. All this time and I never could clearly make out what the other person said in the howling wind. Still I enjoyed those rides immensely with the howling wind, fast moving vistas and the exhilaration of moving so fast under the open sky.
I clearly remember my joy when one of my uncles first bought a bike and he took me for the first ride on it, barley 100 meters it was :) I was so small that I could sit on the tank and my legs wouldn't reach even near the starter. I also remember dad coming home riding the brand new Kinetic Honda that we had purchased. I used to stand in the front space (they had fitted a special bar for me to hold on :D ) of that while mom sat at the back and we used to go on amazing journeys through meandering village roads with a trickle of traffic, open fields and occasional houses on both sides and a river or two here and there. They were simply amazing !
In the past few years I did not get a chance to ride one. However when I applied for the license, I decided to learn how to ride a motorbike as well and got enrolled in the classes. Now, I had already finished my four wheeler lessons before my bike classes began. My first reaction on getting up on a bike was 'God this is flimsy !'. I still feel it is flimsy compared to a car with relatively little protection and easy to get into accidents with. The first class was spent on trying to start it, the second on how not to let it switch of when starting to move and third on how to turn the handle :D Now you understand my natural aptitude in this. However after a while I've again come to enjoy the feeling of zipping through fresh morning air !
Comments
Post a Comment