One of my neighbors, one of the people I knew who had read the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy' series recommended 'Ender's Game' to me. It was an unassuming, little book and rested peacefully on my table for a week. Then yesterday, when I came back from work for lunch I thought I would leaf through, however the leafing through turned into a full fledged reading marathon and I finished in by 7 in the evening.
It was an amazing novel, with its own pitfalls and great moments. The story of Ender was very absorbing, I could identify with many of the characters and what they were going through and it was very moving. It tore through the usual picture of benign human beings who minded their own business and presented a more realistic picture of ambitious,cruel,smart,compassionate,haunted,powerful,loving,manipulating mix that a human being is. There were no good or bad sides. Everyone was in shades of grey and how they dealt with that presents a very interesting journey. It raised some very thought provoking questions regarding the fairness of our actions, violence, manipulation and whether justification of end or means prevail. However there were only few main characters and there was an imbalance of perspectives and importance given to each, which no doubt contributed to the novels uniqueness.
All in all it was a great, albeit a little dark read that could really make you think about what you're doing and what we are doing as human beings.
It was an amazing novel, with its own pitfalls and great moments. The story of Ender was very absorbing, I could identify with many of the characters and what they were going through and it was very moving. It tore through the usual picture of benign human beings who minded their own business and presented a more realistic picture of ambitious,cruel,smart,compassionate,haunted,powerful,loving,manipulating mix that a human being is. There were no good or bad sides. Everyone was in shades of grey and how they dealt with that presents a very interesting journey. It raised some very thought provoking questions regarding the fairness of our actions, violence, manipulation and whether justification of end or means prevail. However there were only few main characters and there was an imbalance of perspectives and importance given to each, which no doubt contributed to the novels uniqueness.
All in all it was a great, albeit a little dark read that could really make you think about what you're doing and what we are doing as human beings.
Comments
Post a Comment