Yesterday I watched the last season of 'Friends' and the final episode. It was hell of a journey and I want to take a moment to say good bye to it :)
I started watching Friends almost an year back, when I got it from my sister. I had thoroughly enjoyed the first 4-5 seasons till it started getting very emotional and dramatic (I feel the same about How I Met Your Mother. They can't keep up the genuine humor), but by them I had watched it so much that the momentum carried me forward and I watched the rest of the seasons.
However somehow I half-dreaded watching the 7,8 maybe 9th seasons because I felt the characters were becoming too much of themselves, somehow they couldn't act a bit out of nature. A lot of things were 'what Ross would do' or 'what Rachel would do'. Ross would act all 'typical Ross', get emotional and unreasonable, falling again and again for Rachel and and she would be dating other people and Monica would be a bit bossy and always competitive. These are some of the qualities that make the characters themselves, but I felt it was a bit too much. I might be completely wrong though because I'm a sucker for happy endings :) . As always Joey and Phoebe
But the 10th season swept me away. For once, everything was as good as or better than when it began ! The final episode was the cherry on top of the cake, it was like a good bye given by a close friend just about to leave, full of emotion reminding of the good and bad time had together and how much we're going to miss them..... and I'm gonna miss them :)
I started watching Friends almost an year back, when I got it from my sister. I had thoroughly enjoyed the first 4-5 seasons till it started getting very emotional and dramatic (I feel the same about How I Met Your Mother. They can't keep up the genuine humor), but by them I had watched it so much that the momentum carried me forward and I watched the rest of the seasons.
However somehow I half-dreaded watching the 7,8 maybe 9th seasons because I felt the characters were becoming too much of themselves, somehow they couldn't act a bit out of nature. A lot of things were 'what Ross would do' or 'what Rachel would do'. Ross would act all 'typical Ross', get emotional and unreasonable, falling again and again for Rachel and and she would be dating other people and Monica would be a bit bossy and always competitive. These are some of the qualities that make the characters themselves, but I felt it was a bit too much. I might be completely wrong though because I'm a sucker for happy endings :) . As always Joey and Phoebe
But the 10th season swept me away. For once, everything was as good as or better than when it began ! The final episode was the cherry on top of the cake, it was like a good bye given by a close friend just about to leave, full of emotion reminding of the good and bad time had together and how much we're going to miss them..... and I'm gonna miss them :)
Comments
Post a Comment