One day I read something a person whom I loved a lot wrote
about autumn. I remember wondering then ‘Wow, it would be nice to talk to the
person who wrote this!’ I did it talk to that person but more often than not I
could only see the face that hid that wonderful person whom I had seen through
that writing. However I still do immensely like that short yet crispy piece of
prose about autumn and that is what got me writing this :)
I had come here this morning, thinking I would begin my slightly
dreadful-yet-exciting battle with Reif to understand Statistical Mechanics,
sitting under a tree, away from all the worries of the world. When I got here,
I was greeted by a mat of golden flowers, chess boarded by leaking sunlight, a
light breeze and smells and sounds of ancient and majestic trees on a glorious
day. I sat down and was greeted by a confluence of light and colors! A tall Gulmohar battling with a centenarian pavement and winning, not a bit behind in
its full blown orange glory after all these years; a stunted tree who had
discovered the secret of eternal youth well into adulthood, decorated with
papery violet flowers, turning its surroundings into a plush looking Persian carpet,
a purple bush with long conical bunches of flowers thrust defiantly into the
summer sun and finally, sheltering me in its diffuse canopy, the grand Rain
tree, tall and majestic, raining down golden flowers. What a sight it is to see a Blue Gulmohar, covered in blue flowers from tip to toes, stealing thunder from anything that might dare to come close to it !
Then the track in my
phone changed to ‘The Boat Song’ by Agam, celebrating the silvery night on
which the great boat would touch the rolling waters of the lake! That was the
final nail in the coffin :D Assigning Reif to a later (and partly imaginary)
period of time, I’m here writing this!
Out of a whim I had worn a bright orange, I’m-a-traffic-cone
tee which I had bought out of a (later regretted) burst of impulsiveness. Turns
out it isn’t so bad for this summer day :)
Summer is finally here in Bangalore, with all its glory! The
days are bright and glorious, full of sunshine and as expected, on the hotter
side. However as each day ends, as if on cue clouds gather overhead, bearing
promise of short yet entirely sufficient shower. And once in a while the
promise does not fly away with wind.
Life has decided to do away with her/his modesty and go all out, like a
teenager who had enough of drab winter coats and colorless grey sky, turning everything
you see into a profusion of color, light, movement and sound. Every little
bush, small squirrel and transient gust of wind plays its part, like faithful
members of an orchestra coming together to create the brilliant symphony that
can transcend the boundaries between the young and the old, the born and the dying and the loved and unloved.
Trees do their part, either by creating a local sphere of
brilliant fluorescence or bursting forth with inexhaustible supply of flowers,
ready to lend color to anything and everything willing. They do so without any
hint of doubt, knowing full well that no one can match their prowess or diversity!
The sky not to fall behind and keeps its promise, a welcome brilliant blue after
the winter pall. Crickets and grass hoppers are out with their songs, a rare
victory of nature over the dull buzz of the city. Bees are out and about
darting from one flower to another, and getting lost once in a while (a bit
drunk I imagine :D ). Eagles soar in the sky and crows drown out everything in
their occasional group cacophony.
It is only fair and rather natural that we join these
celebrations too! This it to all the people who might read this: take out that colorful shirt/kurtha/churidar/tee/top that you never wear and join the fray! All
of us are busy with exams, deadlines and other pressing things but, do, once in
a while, take a few minutes out to walk among the trees, to hear the crickets
and share some of these with the people you love :)
For what would deep rain and blanketing snow would be without a brilliant
summer ?

Comments
Post a Comment