Hi,
Not many people know me and I don't think many are going to read this blog, but still its customary to put in a bit about who we are and why this blog was made :
The idea came out and evolved over a period of few months. I had come to collage and couldn't find anyone to talk to. I could talk to people about general stuff, a bit about what we were studying, climate, profs etc but could not have meaningful discussion about politics or physics or chemistry or most of the stuff. Also at the end of each day you've to tell someone about the bad things, the good things and the day. That's how you learn about life, reflect about it.
For you to be happy you need to have a voice, you need to know that you as a person and your ideas are valued at least by a few people in this world. Think about how you feel when you ask someone a question and they completely ignore you ! It hurts something in you. So I think that hearing yourself out, having a voice and knowing that it is valued is a basic need for all of us and hence the blog.
After this ideas came the movie 'The Kings Speech', a well made, touching movie with good script and screenplay but I shouldn't go into all that. In that Lionel asks the angry Bertie 'I should hear you by what right ?' and he replies 'because I have a voice !', and that is really true, for each of us.
Now I'm (technically) writing 4 blogs and none of them have gone beyond a few posts. So this blog will most probably have very short posts, written over a tea or an hour so that it might stay alive. Even if it doesn't, it has started and that's half the job :)
As we go along, if it manages to stay alive we'll have more contributors. As of now only my friends Juliet and Ammu will be contributing and if they feel like it, they'll tell you their own reasons :)
Not many people know me and I don't think many are going to read this blog, but still its customary to put in a bit about who we are and why this blog was made :
The idea came out and evolved over a period of few months. I had come to collage and couldn't find anyone to talk to. I could talk to people about general stuff, a bit about what we were studying, climate, profs etc but could not have meaningful discussion about politics or physics or chemistry or most of the stuff. Also at the end of each day you've to tell someone about the bad things, the good things and the day. That's how you learn about life, reflect about it.
For you to be happy you need to have a voice, you need to know that you as a person and your ideas are valued at least by a few people in this world. Think about how you feel when you ask someone a question and they completely ignore you ! It hurts something in you. So I think that hearing yourself out, having a voice and knowing that it is valued is a basic need for all of us and hence the blog.
After this ideas came the movie 'The Kings Speech', a well made, touching movie with good script and screenplay but I shouldn't go into all that. In that Lionel asks the angry Bertie 'I should hear you by what right ?' and he replies 'because I have a voice !', and that is really true, for each of us.
Now I'm (technically) writing 4 blogs and none of them have gone beyond a few posts. So this blog will most probably have very short posts, written over a tea or an hour so that it might stay alive. Even if it doesn't, it has started and that's half the job :)
As we go along, if it manages to stay alive we'll have more contributors. As of now only my friends Juliet and Ammu will be contributing and if they feel like it, they'll tell you their own reasons :)
Comments
Post a Comment